Saturday, December 28, 2013

Stacking The Shelves 12/28/2013


Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews
It's a way for us to showcase the books we have received, whether they be bought, gifted, or borrowed.
If you click on a books title it will lead you to Goodreads.
 
 
 
FOR REVIEW
 
 
The Second Sign
The Second Shadow
Where You'll Find Me
Contributor
 
 
Thanks to the publishers for giving me the chance to read and review these books!
 
 
 
 
PURCHASED
 
 
For Darkness Shows The Stars 
Dare You To
In The Shadow Of Blackbirds
Stripped
Storm Warning
Insanity
 
 
Aaah so I am seriously kicking myself right now!! I did not realize that DARE YOU TO was the SECOND in a series (I hate when this happens)!! I know, I know, how did I not have any idea??  Probably because I'm not that huge into contemporary (even though my stack seems to say otherwise) but I've heard that Katie McGarry rocks and thought the book sounded good so I bought it.  Can someone please tell me if it's necessary to read the books in order?  Or do they not really tie into each other?  The summaries for both of them sound like their about different people...
 
Aside from my rookie mistake, I'm pretty excited about my haul!  What have you added to your shelves?
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. The Pushing the Limits books are companion novels, so you can read them out of order if you like. Dare You To is focused on different people than in the previous book, but a few of the characters (like Beth) were in it. I hope you enjoy the book. I loved it!

    Enjoy your books and have a happy new year!

    Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover of The Shadow of Blackbirds intrigues me somehow...

    Enjoy! And have a good New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! To me it's creepy but in a really good way :-)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. I loved "The Fault In Our Stars", whilst the fact that I enjoyed "Pushing The Limits", so "Dare You To" is on my Wish List.

    Please feel free to check out my Christmas Haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/book-haul-christmas-2013-haul/

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul. Storm Warning was good. Hope you enjoy everything :)

    Happy new year!

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great ones. I added a couple to my TBR list. enjoy your haul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be read read as a stand alone. PTL is my fav of the series :) love TIOS, so sad. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I think it can be read as a standalone as far as I know, though I haven't read the books yet. I think since their just companions it's all good to be read alone. The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite books and I can't wait for the movie. It's gonna be fantastic! I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I really want to read For Darkness Shows The Stars, have heard so many amazing things. I really enjoyed TFIOS, was a really great read. It's not necessary for you to read book 1 before you read Dare You To :) I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...