Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish answer.
Everyone is welcome to join.
Ten Book Related Problems I Have.
We all have them. Non-readers just don't get it. Usually only fellow book nerds understand the struggle. So let's join together today and put our problems out there to share with fellow bookaholics.
1. The Never Ending TBR Pile - it seriously NEVER ends, do all the challenges you want to try to slim that pile down but for every 10 books read 20 bajillion more get added.
2. The Always Empty Book Fund - Try as I might, when it comes to saving the holiday gift cards to B&N and Amazon, they're gone before they've collected dust. Which leaves my bank account for funding my endless book needs. While my needs are endless, my money is not.
3. Hoarder Tendencies - I have no shelf space because I can't get rid of any of the books. Reasons: They're a part of me. They cost me money. I may need to reread it.
4. Not Enough Time - I'm a mom. I work full time. By the time the kids go to bed it's already 8/8:30 in the evening and some days all I want to do is veg in front of Netflix. Has someone invented the 48hr day yet?
5. Unrealistic Expectations - From friends, to husbands, things just never seem to go the way they do in books. Especially if you're an introvert like myself. Not to mention that being social the way some characters are requires less book time.
6. Cover Reprints - WHYYYY?? Whether it's because it's been made into a movie so now they're trying to market to the movie crowd or it's just because for some random reason someone decided the original cover just wasn't working, it drives me insane! Especially if the series isn't finished yet. I'm looking at you Arcana Chronicles...
7. Feelings Of Despair - It's that time. That time we all dread. The ending of a series. A series that's come to be a very real part of your life. And now it's over. Finished. You spend the rest of your week in Mourning.
8. Book To Movie Adaptations - Need I say more?
9. Time Wasters - The books that you finish that leave you wondering why you even started them in the first place because the whole thing was terrible!
10. The Million Dollar Question - "What's your favorite book?" Do you have a pen, paper, and time? This is going to take a while...