Thursday, February 19, 2015

Review: Bared To You by Sylvia Day

BARED TO YOU
Author: Sylvia Day
Publication Date: 06/12/2012
Audience: Adult
Genre: Romance, Erotica, Contemporary

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...
 
Summary from Goodreads
 
 
REVIEW
 
 
One thing is for sure, I'm dying to know about Gideon's past.  I'm thinking there is some pretty messed up things in there.
 
The relationship between Gideon and Eva is very reminiscent of Ana Steele and Christian Grey minus the rougher part of the sub/dom lifestyle.  I enjoyed Bared to You as much as I did Fifty Shades of Grey but if you've read one you've basically read the other.  Troubled male character with a shady past, young vulnerable girl with her own demons willing to take on the task of changing the male characters outlook on romance. And surprise, she does!
 
While the story is generic, the pacing and characters kept me interested and turning pages.  I sped through it in just an evening and will probably continue on with the series.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...