Friday, May 2, 2014

Storm Warning by E. Lee & C. Quinn

STORM WARNING
BROKEN HEARTLAND #1
Author: E.Lee & C. Quinn
Publication Date: 12/12/2013
Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary
 
Sometimes you can’t see the storm coming until it’s too late...

Severe Storm Warning Tip #1:
Be alert to changing weather conditions. Look for approaching storms.

Severe Storm Warning Tip #2:
If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.

Severe Storm Warning Tip #3:
They may strike quickly, with little or no warning.

Situated just outside of Oklahoma City, Calumet County is divided into two drastically different communities: Hope’s Grove and Summit Bluffs. One is the small backward town where dirt roads lead the way to field parties and railroad tracks. And the other, a sprawling suburb where paved drives lead to the landscaped lawns of the wealthy and over privileged.

For five teenagers smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, summer is heating up fast. The winds of change are blurring the invisible line that divides the rich and the rural.

One has a secret.
One has a crush.
One has been lying.
One will get caught.
And one might not make it out alive.

They’re from two different worlds…but one summer is about to change everything.
 
 
Picture and Summary from Goodreads
 
 
REVIEW
 
Ok so this book was the type of book where it has rave reviews and you think "This is going to be awesome!" Then you start reading it and you're thinking "It's good but I don't get why people are obsessed with it." Then you get to the last few chapters and are like "Hot damn I can't handle the suspense" but when you get to the last chapter you're all "Holy hell of cliffhangers" but wait the author gives you an epilogue, so of course you read it in hopes of answers but end up thinking "WTF, THAT was NOT an epilogue, it did NOTHING to reassure my feels" You walk away from the book feeling like it's a 4 when in reality the majority of the book ranked a 3 but the ending blew your mind and your hooked and will HAVE to read the next book to know what happens.

The writing was well done and the characters were decently developed. The story is told from each person's view points and I found that my favorite characters were EJ, Hayden, and Coop. I'm torn between whose team I want to be on. I really love Coop because he's the type of guy I find yummy but Hayden has some redeeming points too. But back on point, since I preferred certain people I found myself skimming through Kyle and Cami's story, it seemed like most of the exciting stuff was happening with EJ so that could be why she's my favorite.

It's mostly your run of the mill contemporary YA romance but the ending really took my breath away. It was a quick read (I read it at work and had it finished by the end of my 8 hour day)and a fun one.
 

 
 
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...