Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

CINDER
THE LUNAR CHRONICLES #1
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: 01/03/2012
Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Dystopia
 
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
 
Picture and Summary from Goodreads
 
 
 
REVIEW
 
A lot of people are going to hate me for this but remember it is just my opinion, just because something didn't work for me doesn't mean it isn't good.
 
I feel like I missed something. The reviews for this book were sooo good that I knew I would just love it. Having now finished it I'm left wondering what the big deal was.  I was expecting some kind of wow factor but it really is just a cinderella story with a cyborg twist.  Maybe I'm not into the cyborg part of it and that's why I wasn't blown away?  I think it also had to do with my being detached from the characters. I hate bouncing around between different POVs, maybe I have character ADD.  The story itself was good and had obviously a unique twist to it and I really did like Cinders character, but overall the story just fell flat for me.
 
 
 
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

1 comment:

  1. Ha -- I just wrote a review that said "this book wasn't for me but I think a lot of people will love it." And that's okay. I did enjoy Cinder, but there are other books that I just didn't fall in love with. Thanks for sharing your thoughts -- I always enjoy reading another opinion!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...