Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Flicks




Friday Flicks is a new weekly post I'm going to be trying out.

Every week I will choose a new release movie, watch it, then share what I thought about it with you guys!

THIS WEEK'S FRIDAY FLICK:
 
 
LUCY
 
When a boyfriend tricks Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) into delivering a briefcase to a supposed business contact, the once-carefree student is abducted by thugs who intend to turn her into a drug mule. She is surgically implanted with a package containing a powerful chemical, but it leaks into her system, giving her superhuman abilities, including telekinesis and telepathy. With her former captors in pursuit, Lucy seeks out a neurologist (Morgan Freeman), who she hopes will be able to help her.
 
I actually really enjoyed this one. I'm always a big fan of a female lead that can kick some butt, especially if they start off as a victim.  There were some parts that I found a little cheesy; they often cut away from actual events to show clips of nature and animals to portray what was happening, a lot like in Mean Girls.  The ending surprised me a little bit but I felt like it suited the story line.  If you like action plus sci fi plus the idea that humans can be more and don't mind a little gore you should definitely give Lucy a shot.
My Movie Rating: B
I would love to hear about movies that you have watched and what you thought about them, I'm always on the lookout for good ones (or warnings about bad ones)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...