Monday, January 6, 2014

Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher

WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME
Author: Erin Fletcher
Publication Date: 01/07/2014
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
 
When Hanley Helton discovers a boy living in her garage, she knows she should kick him out. But Nate is too charming to be dangerous. He just needs a place to get away, which Hanley understands. Her own escape methods (vodka, black hair dye, and pretending the past didn't happen) are more traditional, but who is she to judge?

Nate doesn't tell her why he's in her garage, and she doesn't tell him what she's running from. Soon, Hanley's trading her late-night escapades for all-night conversations and stolen kisses. But when Nate's recognized as the missing teen from the news, Hanley isn't sure which is worse: that she's harboring a fugitive, or that she's in love with one.
 
Picture and Summary From Goodreads
 
 
 
**I received this as an eARC throught Netgalley from the publisher.  In no way does that effect the thoughts and opinions expressed here.  I did not receive compensation in any way for this review.**
 
 
 
REVIEW
 
I feel like most of the good books I have read recently have been full of deep feels and have been mostly contemporary stories. This book was no different, it gave me sooo many feels!  There were moments of sadness but the happiness outshines them! 

I loved Hanley.  I loved how sarcastic she was, a lot of her witty retorts had me snickering, even if it was a self defense mechanism for her. I felt for her and wished she could come to terms with her grief and that her parents would realize what they were doing to her. Then she finds Nate, or is it he that finds her, either way I love him.  I loved them together!  Nate became Hanley's leaning post, the person she could trust with her sadness.  While I kept hoping for her to find the strength in herself to overcome things I was really glad she had him.  But Nate has his own secret and unfortunately Nate wasn't ready to share his secrets. I felt for Hanley because of it, I mean she opened up and made herself vulnerable but Nate won't do the same in return.  Of course when he does it's a bombshell!
 
There were also some rock solid supporting characters, I kind of wish we had more time to see their interactions, they were just the type of friends Hanley needed and I'm left wishing we could have seen them grow and develop more, it read like they each have their own story to tell.

The pacing was excellent and when I wasn't swooning I was dying of suspense over what Nate's secret was and how it would effect his and Hanley's fragile relationship.

Coming off my happy buzz I have to say that the ending left me with a few questions and you could say I'm now secretly hoping for a follow up book so those questions are answered.

In short: Where You'll Find Me is a quick, cute but at times serious read that I loved and know I will read again. I highly recommend!
 
 

 
 
THE AUTHOR
 
Erin Fletcher
YA writer. WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME coming 1/7/14 from Entangled Teen. Lover of coffee and flip flops. Represented by John M. Cusick of Greenhouse Literary.
 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It does sound like a cute but emotional one, and you can't beat books and characters that make you feel something, the best kind of ones. I'm going to try and read as many contemporaries as I can this year. Great review!:)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...