Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Faking Normal

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine. It features books we are eagerly anticipating getting our hands on.
My Pick This Week:
 
 
Faking Normal
Author: Courtney C. Stevens
Expected Publication Date: 02/25/2014
Publisher: HarperCollin's Childrens Books
Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
 
 
An edgy, realistic, and utterly captivating novel from an exciting new voice in teen fiction.

Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.
 
A searing, poignant book, Faking Normal is the extraordinary debut novel from an exciting new author-Courtney C. Stevens.
 
Picture and Summary from Goodreads
 
MARK IT TBR
 
~ Goodreads ~
 
 
I'm really getting into a Contemporary groove lately..that and science fiction, go figure.  What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I won an ARC of Faking Normal, I'm kind of anxious about it though, I haven't read anything like it since Speak, but it has been getting good reviews. I think I'll need tissues. :( Great pick & Happy New Year. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it definitely sounds like a tear jerker! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you, congratulations on winning it that's awesome!!

      Delete
  2. This sounds very interesting. I haven't heard of it, but I'm always interested in a "broken girl" story. They tend to be the only contemporary stories I can have patience with for some reason. Great share. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I also have this on our TBR list, and we both can't wait to read it.

    Great post! I hope you can stop by my WoW post.
    -Leslie (Michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...