Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thoughts On Thursdays #1

What are your thoughts on e-books?

Personally I find them extremely convenient.  Living in a small town really hinders your ability to get your hands on books, especially if the only place books are available is at the local Wal-Mart.  So I find myself browsing B&N or Amazon and getting really good deals on digital books that are delivered instantaneously to my device, I don't even have to change out of my pajamas.  E-books are also a little bit cheaper and if you are like me that can totally make your mind up for you.  But I really, really, really love having the physical book in my hands.  I love to smell that new book smell, to not have to charge batteries to be able to read it.  I love displaying them on my bookshelf and being able to say to a friend "Sure, I have that and yes you can borrow it" even if that does cause a mild panic attack.  And if the cover is GORGEOUS I am more likely to buy the physical book rather than an e-book.  I also secretly fear electronic devices failing us one day and if all my books are on a device then I would never be able to read them again *Oh The HORROR*

So what's your take?  Do you have a preference? Do you also fear the fall of technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...