Sunday, September 8, 2013

Onyx (Lux Series #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 



Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo,
Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies

 
(Picture and Overview from Goodreads)





Stars: 4/5
Scream Out Loud Moments: At least 10!
Did you cry: Yes, once
How did the end leave you feeling: Warning its a cliff hanger! But not a book throwing cliff hanger. Definitely leaves you with unanswered questions.

 
 
 
Review:
Another action packed, tension thick, emotion throwing book.  This book did not disappoint although I do want to slap Katy for most of the book for being such a stupid girl, she eventually gets over it in case you were wondering.  But seriously she spends half the book being all "confused" about Daemons real feelings, since he was such a jerk face in the first book, when really she should be jumping on the opportunity to jump him since really he's admitting, in his own way, his feelings for her!  
 
We find out a lot of new stuff about the Lux and Daemon and Katy's new "connection" and no I do not mean love connection.  We are also introduced to a couple of new important characters, neither of which I personally like, you'll have to let me know what you think in the end since I don't want to give away too much by elaborating on my opinion ;). It leaves us with the surprise appearance of someone who right of the bat seems different.  Just as soon as said person shows up the book ends.  Insert cliff hanger here.  Basically this book is a great follow up to Obsidian and I highly recommend reading it.  So do it now.  Tell me what you think!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...