Saturday, September 7, 2013

Obsidian (Lux Series #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

(Picture and Overview from Goodreads)




Stars: 4/5
Did you bond with the characters: We are like one
Laugh Out Loud Moments: 2
Did you cry: Yes but only once
Did the ending make you throw the book or sigh with contentment: Definitely a sigh tinged with needing more but no book throwing required.



 
Review:
 
This is actually my second time reading Obsidian.  Sometimes you start to read a book for the second time and realize the excitement is, sadly, gone.  So not the case here!

Obsidian is about a girl named Katy originally from Florida who moves to a small non existent town in West Virginia.  It's just her and her mom since her dad died of cancer three years prior to the start of the book.  She finds out that the kids next door are actually her age, turns out they are twins.  Daemon is just the type of guy I love in a book; hard sexy shell soft caring inside.  And then Dee his sister is the type of girl that's easy to become quick pals with.

There is awesome chemistry and sexual tension between Daemon and Katy but half the time you can't help but hate Daemon because he can be a serious dickweed.  There are times when Katy is quick to forgive where I would prefer she held her ground and really make him pay for it but I can get past that.

About halfway through the book we finally get told to our faces that Daemon and Dee (and their triplet friends Adam, Andrew, Ashley and Mr.Garrison (Katy's teacher)) are all aliens.  SURPRISE!!

There are a couple of "fight" scenes between the good aliens(Luxen) and bad aliens(Arum) one being a super blow out with a crazy result.  But there are also plenty of scenes between Daemon and Katy that will have you wanting to either shake something or hug the person closest to you  Between the suspense of being hunted and the tension between Daemon and Katy this book really had me turning the pages, even the second time through.  I'm leaving out quite a few details because if I told you everything then you wouldn't need to read it yourself and you need to...right now!  Go!

Amazon

Barnes & Noble


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...