Sunday, September 13, 2015

Review Of: Vendetta



When it comes to revenge, love is a dangerous complication.With a fierce rivalry raging between two warring families, falling in love is the deadliest thing Sophie could do. An epic debut set outside modern-day Chicago.



When five brothers move into the abandoned mansion in her neighbourhood, Sophie Gracewell's life changes forever. Irresistibly drawn to bad boy Nicoli, Sophie finds herself falling into a criminal underworld governed by powerful families. As the boys' dark secrets begin to come to light, Sophie is confronted with stinging truths about her own family, too. She must choose between two warring dynasties - the one she was born into, and the one she is falling in love with. When she does, blood will spill and hearts will break.







Recommended For:

People interested in things that are mafia related and suspenseful, not to mention impossible romance.





I simply DEVOURED this book.  The whole premise was new to me, I've never even watched the Sopranos, so going into this crime family drama I had no idea what to expect.  Luckily it was broken to me gently which actually caused me to feel as shocked as Sophie did when certain facts came to light.

The Romeo and Juliet aspect didn't make sense to me till about half way through the book but by that point I was already smitten with Nic.  I felt Sophie's heartbreak right along with her.  I'm hoping for a happily ever after for them but I'm not sure it will happen.  I'm also kind of hoping Sophie gets accepted into the life of the mafia and becomes bad ass....does that make me bad??

I know there are still twists to come and facts that have yet to be revealed but that just adds to the anticipation for the next book.  I'm really hoping it keeps me guessing like Vendetta did, it makes reading it so much more fun when I can't guess what is going to happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...