Thursday, September 17, 2015

Review Of: Shadow and Bone



Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.


Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.






Recommended For:
People who enjoy fantasy aspects and who are ok with romance being involved.  Shadow and Bone has the same feel as Throne of Glass it just isn't as long.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I seriously loved this book....I seem to be saying that a lot but what can I say? Shadow and Bone was truly a remarkable story start to finish. 

Leigh Bardugo does an excellent job of painting the scene and immersing her readers into this world of fantasy.  From the characters to the rich Grisha aspect everything seemed completely fleshed out and well composed.

One thing I really kind of enjoyed is the fact that I never knew who to trust or what certain characters intentions were.  It actually left me feeling betrayed at times.. Weird thing to enjoy, I know, but what I'm saying is that I truly ended  up feeling like a part of the story.  Alina's suspicions were my suspicions, her betrayal my betrayal, her loneliness my loneliness.  I love books that can make me feel all the feels with the characters.

Shadow and Bone is just the beginning of Alina and Mal's journey and I can't wait to continue it with Siege and Storm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...