Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sexy Saturday Spotlight: All I Want By J. Daniels



Sexy Saturday Spotlight is a new feature where I shine the spotlight on some of the steamier books I read.  These books are usually rated 18+.


This week the spotlight is shining on All I Want by J. Daniels.



Luke Evans is a heartbreaker.
I didn’t want to give mine to him. Not when he kept me out.
He gave me enough, just enough to make me fall in love with him. I say this to convince myself. But I know the truth.
I would’ve fallen in love with him at a distance.
Handing my heart over to Luke was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I was naive when I wished for more, when I hoped he wanted the same things I did.
I try to hate him. I try to forget him.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is a ruthless bitch, and I’m her latest victim.

Tessa Kelly is a man-eater.
When she sets her sights on you, she doesn’t just consume your heart, she goes for your soul.
What we had was perfect, real, and all I would ever want.
But she destroyed it.
She destroyed us.
I try to hate her. I try to forget her.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is for people who have hope, and I have none.






All I want is the second book in the companion series Alabama Summer.  It technically can be read alone but if you want the background of Mia and Ben you should start with Where I Belong.

One thing I will say about these books is that everyone cusses like a sailor!  I don't know of anyone in real life who uses the word Fuck so frequently in day to day conversations, not to mention pussy and titties.  It's one thing to run across those words during sex scenes but the characters use them freely throughout normal conversations with each other.

All I Want is just as steamy as the Where I Belong but this story belongs to Tessa and Luke.  Luke has a lot of background issues that he wants to keep from Tessa, not because he doesn't love her but because he wants to protect her from it.  Tessa believes he doesn't actually want a future with her causing her to resent him. This all starts the cycle of misunderstanding and heartbreak.

Luke represents the kind of guy every girl wants to take home and fix.  That, along with his stellar skills in the bedroom, combine to make it impossible for Tessa to walk away.  Their so called hatred for each other equates to some steamy angry sex along with sensual make up sex.  For two people who hate each other they have a lot of sex, which I was okay with. I mean, seriously.

I actually preferred Mia and Ben's relationship to Tessa adn Luke, which made me prefer the sex scenes in Where I Belong.  That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Tessa and Luke, they were still amazing and if I had read them first I probably would have had no problems.  But as it stands Tessa and Luke come in second place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...