Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Review: Breath, Annie, Breathe

22035181BREATHE, ANNIE, BREATHE
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publication Date: 07/15/2014
Audience: YA/NA
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Annie hates running. No matter how far she jogs, she can’t escape the guilt that if she hadn’t broken up with Kyle, he might still be alive. So to honor his memory, she starts preparing for the marathon he intended to race.

But the training is even more grueling than Annie could have imagined. Despite her coaching, she’s at war with her body, her mind—and her heart. With every mile that athletic Jeremiah cheers her on, she grows more conflicted. She wants to run into his arms…and sprint in the opposite direction. For Annie, opening up to love again may be even more of a challenge than crossing the finish line.


Summary from Goodreads

REVIEW
 
I really love Miranda's Hundred Oaks series.  Each book has it's own story to tell and it's own lessons to give.  The books are also really easy to get into, fall in love with, and finish.
 
I enjoyed Breathe, Annie, Breathe but I have to admit it wasn't my favorite book in the series.  I'm not really even sure why I feel that way.  I think maybe I didn't feel as connected to the characters in this book as I do with the others.  That's not saying that I didn't enjoy it but it left me with a more 'meh' feeling than a 'le sigh' one. 
 
I did like that it centered around running.  I've always wanted to be a runner, even attempted to make it happen last summer but a knee injury cut my time short.  It was nice to see Annie struggle, especially since most characters who are active are usually really good at it.
 
A lot of people really loved Breathe, Annie, Breathe and even though I don't feel like I want to rave about it, I still say that it deserves to be read.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...